Sunday, December 13, 2009

Recap of first 3 days in Bangkok By: Christine

Sitting at our guesthouse anxiously awaiting Audra who should get here within the hour! Being in Bangkok by myself has definitely been an adventure!

The second day I met a woman from Switzerland and went to the famous Chatuchak Market... We spent hours there and never visited the same booth twice! Later that eveingin we went and explored Khao San Road which was filled with backpackers and international folks. Unfortunately her flight back home departed that evening!

Yesterday, I visited Jim Thompson's house (after a horrible taxi encounter and much wandering around). He was an American architect who moved to Thailand after WWII to start a silk trading company. He loved collecting antique art, and his houses which he literally had uprooted from Central Thailand were absolutely stunning!

I then headed up the canal to China Town but admit that the chlosterphobia of it all didn't allow me to make it that deep. But the food was amazing and there was tons of street food sold there that I've never seen and got to try for the first time. Including some delicious pink pomegranite juice... yum.

Today I wandered around Lumphini Park which reminds me of a less beautiful Central Park... Hopefully tonight Audra and I can visit the night market there!

Okay, off to write you all postcards!

XOXO Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment