Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Adventures Through Nature; By: Audra

Wow! These last three days have been filled with many explorations through the jungle outside of Chiang Mai. On our second day here, I went ziplining through the hills which was tons of fun. The next two days consisted of an overnight trek to a local village. I rode an elephant, whitewater rafted, bamboo rafted, and went on the most intense hiking trails of my life. My group slept in a bamboo hut with the locals. They also cooked dinner and breakfast for us, and I was able to spend some time playing with the kids there. The experience definitely opened my eyes to different life styles. I asked my guide about whether or not the kids went to school, and he told me they have a school but no teacher. Currently, the school is being used to house bunnies, which they eat.

Meanwhile, back in Chiang Mai, Christine has been exploring the city on "tuk tuks" and loving the open air. She also learned how to make seven classic Thai dishes in a full day cooking course!

Christine and I also decided to take advantage of the incredibly inexpensive custom clothes making opportunity in Asia. Christine had a dress made and I stocked up on dress shirts and a suit for my upcoming interviews with school principals.

This afternoon we head back to Bangkok in order to catch our morning flight back to CA. See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Tasty, tasty bunnies... By the way, I consider ziplining sketchy as heck.

    ReplyDelete